Do you like working hands-on with technology?
Quality Cable provides CATV in-home service, and is a division of New Paris Telephone.
Founded in 1901, the company is community and employee owned. Our goal is for you to deliver the best service possible, and we back you up in every home you’ll visit. Our customer operation group is top quality!
This is an amazing opportunity to build your skills at a company that has been in business for over 120 years. We are growing like crazy, and we need techs that want to learn and provide service they can bre proud of.
If you want a CAREER with a company, this is your chance.
What’s in it for you?
- Great pay based on your skills and ability. This is not a 1099 job.
- Our greatest benefit is opportunity, as we transition to fiber and other new services
- We provide Paid time off – and Flex time off
- Paid training, tools, uniforms, and a use-at-work truck.
What will you be doing?
As CATV service evolves, we want to simplify things for our customers. You will build your skills for a high quality installation. You will keep moving forward with great opportunities for your future.
In this role, you will:
- Install and provide maintenance service for CATV and cable modems for our customers, and work to deliver new kinds of technology.
- Work with yourself and with others to provide smart home solutions.
- Relocate and place coaxial drops, cable modems, hook up smart TVs, WiFi routers, and provide whole-home connectivity for our customers.
- Conduct site surveys and deliver in-person service.
Here’s your opportunity to deliver the Internet of the future to our customers. As a QC tech, you’ll ensure our customers have the connectivity they need.
From home installations to construction work involving placing and splicing cable, you’ll be a vital point of our team for repairs and maintenance. It’s a job that will involve work outside building cable and operating equipment.
What’s it take to join our team? In addition to working inside our customers’ homes to install, connect, maintain, rearrange and/or dismantle cable wiring, you’ll also perform other construction duties.
Construction work may include: digging holes, placing poles, laying cable and conduit, unreeling, pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole.
You will also maintain accurate reports, records, logs or records. To make sure you hit the ground running, we’ll provide the training and the resources you’ll need in a supportive team environment.
What skills and experience do you need?
Ideal technicians have:
- High energy, resourcefulness, and ability to multitask
- An eye for opportunities to improve service for our customers in new ways.
- Strong customer advocacy skills: be friendly, listen and communicate effectively, and deliver good service.
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills, and perform coaxial cable maintenance/repair. Prior CATV, military, electrical, and customer service experience is a strong, preferred skill for applicants.
All technicians must have:
- Ability to work in-person in multiple homes per day (this is not a work-from-home position; you will be in-the-field providing servicing in our customers’ homes.)
- Ability to work safely in confined spaces and climb poles and ladders.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on ladders, occasionally lift over 70 pounds, crawl into small spaces, work in outdoor climates, and remain within the individual weight requirement of our equipment. (Not over 250 pounds for equipment safety reasons.)
- Have a valid Indiana driver’s license with a driving record that meets our insurance providers’ safety standards.
- Work fully engaged in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to occasionally pivot your working hours. There is occasional early morning and after hours maintenance work that may be required.
We are a multi-division company with a number of career opportunities. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment screening which will include a drug test and and check of your driving record.
- Insurance Benefits for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- HSA contributions for your enrollment class (single, couple, family)
- Prescription plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with both company base and company profit sharing matching funds in a self directed plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Option to acquire company stock with no transaction fees.
- Concessionary service for cell phone and internet at your home.
- Tuition Reimbursement for up to 75% of eligible expenses, and 100% of company sponsored training. (annual limits and 90 day eligibility apply.)
- Quality Cablevision is committed to putting safety first by providing all personal protective equipment, including masks, gloves, protective eyewear, outerwear, rainwear, and sanitizing solutions.
- Ongoing training and personal development to maximize your career potential.
Are you ready to join us?
Send your resume to email@example.com EOE: m/f/d/v